Video of 4 AT Strato 12's in action!

Participant count
  • Participant list
makes me wanna try a pair for myself
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

good lord those are wangin hard for 400 rms subs... Nice.
When he turned it up the first time I had to turn around and make sure they were the same subs I gave him to install :p

He said they where louder then XLs on a DDz.. He must of did it wrong. Looks like you have another nut hugger.
He did a 151 with 4 XL 12's on a DD 5k. He did a 148.4 with the Strato's on 1500.1 right after installing them with no extra batteries. The Strato's have a 150 in them for sure. Needless to say we are comparing a 400w to a 2200w subwoofer. Both setups sounded very similar in loudness.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

He said they where louder then XLs on a DDz.. He must of did it wrong. Looks like you have another nut hugger.
He did a 151 with 4 XL 12's on a DD 5k. He did a 148.4 with the Strato's on 1500.1 right after installing them with no extra batteries. The Strato's have a 150 in them for sure. Needless to say we are comparing a 400w to a 2200w subwoofer. Both setups sounded very similar in loudness.

didn't do anything wrong as I know EXACTLY what I was doing. the stratos are in the same box as when I had the XLs. did a 151.7 on the XLs when I had the D9. with the DD Z, I know it gained at most 1 full DB. now with the stratos, it peaked few hertz higher than the XL, but doesn't change the point about the stratos are as loud as my old set up. MaYBE I gotten huge box rise with the XLs than the stratos, MAYBE I have the prototype 1500.1 @.5ohm and CLIPPING while I had the DD Z @1 ohm and clean power. needless to say, 4 400w subs doing 148+ just on a 1500.1, it is pretty impressive. and call it what you want, I support Audio Technix as you support DC, but you wouldn't call yourself a DC nuthugger, would you?

edit - BTW, if you would have paid attention to my vid, I said that the new set up is AS loud as the DC set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cthedinger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cthedinger
Inglewood, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date