vent visors

Participant count
  • Participant list
adhesive are better, the in track ones can fall out or get loose, they also jam the window when it is rolled up into the track cause they take up space that was meant for only the window to be there, that in turn puts strain on power window motors. another problem is that will put pressure on window tint that is applied to the glass which over time will cause it to push on the tint and make it shift or peel. lastly if you look at someones car that has them look at the top edge of the window rolled down, they start to scratch the glass along the top edge which looks bad if you like to ride around with your windows rolled half way down

IVe had both types on a couple different trucks, no problems with either. Alot of people prefer 'in-channel' types because they dislike the idea of double sided tape on their paint. Sometimes dirt and grit can get to the tape and things will start to loosen up. I am normally the same way but right now I run stick-on vent shades on my 4 door dakota as I think it just looks smoother than the in-channel ones, especially if you end up painting them body color.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.