Value of this 1966 Chevelle Malibu

Slayerx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sacramento
So Chances are I'm going to buy this, still gotta negotiate a price. It has a 283 and a 3-speed manual. Was 3 in the tree, already been swapped to the floor. Top-end was rebuilt. Did notice some what appeared to be blowback in a picture not shown here, so not sure how worn the motor is and if the band-aid of a top end is worth it. Body is pretty much straight. Going to check out the frame for and damage or rust of course. Seems like a great project car. Fix up the suspension and interior and all the other "little" things, and just run the 283 til it's all done and swap something else in there, like a 327 with a steel crank if I can find one, or maybe a 350 if I have to. (Yes I want to stick with a Small block)

It's pretty much had only two owners.

So how much do you think this project is worth?

chevelletopandrightside.jpg

chevelledriversidebody.jpg

chevelledriversidebody2.jpg

chevelleengine2.jpg

chevellebackendlk.jpg

chevellebackseatinterio.jpg

chevellefrontseatinteri.jpg

chevellefrontseatinteri.jpg

chevellesidebodypasseng.jpg

Probably a 2000-2500$ car where i live, not sure about the value in your area. Looks ok other than the 35 different paint jobs
That's what I was thinking. Just noticed in another pic that there may be cancer around the back window, gotta investigate further. I don't know about that kind of work and I'm sure its is expensive to fix

Bump for more input. Making a 2 hour drive to go check it out tonight. Think he wants 2.5 for it. No power brakes or power steering either.

Be aware of what youre getting yourself into. I have i think 6 cars, 3 i can drive and 3 im working on restoring. Maintaining/working on multiple cars is pretty frustrating.
Oh I know man, I grew up around cars like this with my dad always working on cars and me being his assistant lol. Spent 18 years working on a 67 El Camino. All it needed was paint to be show quality before being forced to sell it

So everyone can jump in when some idiot thinks his little V6 mustang is fast but nobody has input on a serious question? wtf lol

So everyone can jump in when some idiot thinks his little V6 mustang is fast but nobody has input on a serious question? wtf lol
Who's got a fast mustang? I've never seen one of those before!

not a bad project car, id say $2k is def fair. Could be really nice, i know a guy w/ one of these hes restored. Black w/ the white stripes, really clean. Good luck to ya
Maybe 2kish?
Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Who's got a fast mustang? I've never seen one of those before!
me either

Being that its a chevelle youd expect to pay more for it than something similar. Id be willing to bet he wants around 3 grand for it. Id say 2500 is tops id pay. You could probably put another 2500 into it and have it really nice, given you do all the work yourself, and have similar connections as i do.

And yea, around this forum all the cool brohams have import cars and love talking **** about american cars, which is oddly where theyre from lol. Most people in general have the new = better mentality. If only they knew.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.