ValorMultimedia...wortha$hiit?

Phelixx
10+ year member

Short version: "What are your thoughts on Valor head units?"

Long version: I'm looking for a double din HU for my '05 F-150. I have most everything else for the system and want a good double din to fill the original location. From what I've read Alpine isn't as solid as I thought, and Eclipse is a little to expensive. I've been waiting for the Clarion MAX675 for 7 months now, but am getting impatient. I know it's an oxymoron, but I'd like good ipod functionality and good sound quality. Pioneer has some good selections too. Any thoughts? I want to stay around $1,000 or less and I don't need the NAV, but I'd like to be able to add it later if I want.

The other unit I'm considering is the Pioneer AVIC-D2...thoughts? Who's got 'em cheap, but trustworthy?

I haven't heard much about Valor, but a reputable local shop carries them. I realize they sell them so they're going to say good things about them, but I'd appreciate any input you have. The one I'm considering is the DTS-660WT ValorMultimedia I'm not sure if it's a positive or negative point but the dealer said that they make the hardware for Alpine.

great product for the $/ it has a decent screen and touchscreen features. you cant expect the best but do not expect the worst. we carry them over at my shop and if someone is looking for a nice indash with ipod control i recommend them. we also carry the Pioneer 6800 and the panasonic indash and for the price and features i always recommend the Valor for thr price point and reliability.

Whats "wrong" with the Alpine IVA-W200?
Nothing that I know of. I haven't heard of anything specifically with that model. I was basing my opinion on what seems to be a concensus that Alpine isn't as good as they used to be.

i've had a 650TT for a few months and it works great. very intuitive controls, clear screen good sound reproduction.

i got it cuz didn't want an external black box, and i also wanted a powered 5th channel and the valor units have both. no problems so i'm lookin' to get another one for the subaru too

i've had a 650TT for a few months and it works great. very intuitive controls, clear screen good sound reproduction.
i got it cuz didn't want an external black box, and i also wanted a powered 5th channel and the valor units have both. no problems so i'm lookin' to get another one for the subaru too
I'll sell you my Valor 660 WT if you want another one. LMK.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Phelixx

10+ year member
Phelixx
Omaha, NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from