Us amps merlin MD2 review

Participant count
  • Participant list

swc204
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pierre, SD
First thing i would to say is thanks flakko for a great deal and all your help!

Its a very very very nice looking amp that easily has the best fit and finish of any amp or car audio product for that matter. simply amazing.

The power and ground terminals easily accepted the 4 awg that i had for them and i never tried it but with alittle trimming i think you would be able to jam some 1/0 in there. It comes with a separate terminal for each subwoofer which is kinda useful. The controls are about the same that comes with any high end amp. you got your gain, LPF, bass eq and then subsonic filter and a few others i cant think of at this moment. I used a DMM to set the gain. now that i got everything setup i can compare it to some other amps that are rated at the same power that i have previously used. It actually sounds alittle better and hits hard with more presence than my RF 1001D had. It also doesn't dim my lights whatsoever with my stock 130 amt alt that my RF dimmed quite alot. And 1/0 wire throughout. I ran it at 2 ohms with my pair of 12 inch enatsi subs which are based off of the TC9 motor. Which i must say are some amazing subs. Get nice and low. Each in its own 1.5 sealed enclosure. I dont know much else to say about the amp other than its perfect.

Its rated for 2000 watts RMS at 13.8 volts. there website is messed up by the way. The efficiency is rated at between 80 and 85 percent. Which is very good.

remember the old saying when buying an amp or just about anything

"you get what you pay for"

I'll post pics of the install and of the amp later this week sometime

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

swc204

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
swc204
pierre, SD
Start date