Upping the power!

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hellooo everybody. I dunno if you've seen my discussion in the Subwoofer section, but I plan on upgrading my system to anywhere from 1200 - 2000 watts. Now obviously this is somewhat of an extreme upgrade compared to my current 900 watts, but I plan on taking the necessary precautions. Anyway, I was looking for suggestions for a system that could power two 1000w drivers. I've been looking into Kicker equipment - their subs aren't great, but I've seen their amplifiers perform. I've been looking for a used one since I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for two DX1000s or a ZX2500, but I'd also like some suggestions on other brands as well. I've also been looking into the Hifonics BRZ2400.1, so I could avoid clipping by taking it easy on the gain and still hopefully getting 2k out of it. Anybody have any other ideas?

Budget man, Budget. What subs do you have.
I'm probably gonna end up with either 2 XFLs or something similar, something around 2k on 1 or 2 ohms (not sure which impedance I'll run yet). I'd like to stay under $400.

I'm probably gonna end up with either 2 XFLs or something similar, something around 2k on 1 or 2 ohms (not sure which impedance I'll run yet). I'd like to stay under $400.
get a 2k and run them at one ohm, you'll be beyond satisfied. in addition to that, if you go from 900 watts to 1200 watts, you won't hear a difference and if you do it'll be hardly audible. get a 2k and take your time being a bargain hunter!

Don't forget about electrical for a 2k amp. You'll want big 3 done in 1/0ga, a 1/0ga run from front to rear, and at least the biggest upgraded battery you can fit under the hood. Depending on the amp and your current alternator, you may want to consider another battery or possibly a HO alt. This should be in addition to your amp budget

Hifonics is alright on a budget, but not that great. If you could spend an extra $30, this would be probably the best you can get new:

Q1-2200D

Otherwise, look used.

Do you have proof on that idk just dont seem right!!!
ask anyone who actually has exp with these amps. i dont have proof right this second but i have seen bench results. also at .5 they will do 3k+...

also there is a side by side test on CACO with this Db drive pd2000 vs the Saz2000. The db drive wielded more output and louder on the meter. I have used both amps and yes the db drive in my application was louder on the meter as well.... In the thread on CACO they came to a conclusion & said the PD2000 would be better compared vs saz2500 in output, how ever the saz2500 wins the comparison in that face off. But the PD2000 is the best 2k amp Ive used

Thanks for the input, guys. I'd be willing to buy used or new, so I hope I'll be able to find a deal. I hope to throw 2000w to a pair of XFLs or IA Death Rows at the end of the day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How do you guys feel on Audiopipe? I'd buy a pretty big one so I could keep the gain down and avoid clipping, but the prices seem alright...

Most will bash audiopipe, i have used the apsm 1300, 1500, and the 2000. All of them performed very well for what they are, budget friendly. They have a few newer models with upgraded guts that are supposed to be pretty decent, the price is upgraded also. You may want to check the classies, might find a good price on a sloghtly used beast. I did so have several others, there was an aq2200 on there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.