Upgrading speakers 2009 fusion

Participant count
  • Participants list

TommyGun41x

CarAudio.com Recruit
So this is where I’m at. Kenwood double din ddx276bt radio. Stock speakers. 6 1/2 components will fit to replace factory and 6 1/2 2 way rear. 2 12” subs 600 rms each port tuned to 32 hz powered by audio pipe apel1800.1d amp. Big 3 is done. I running 4gauge to the amp currently but will be upgrading to 0 gauge. I’m looking for 6.5 components for up front and 2-ways for rear that will sound decent on 22rms head-unit power for now but can take more power in the future. I really don’t want to spend more than 250 all in on speakers. I’ve been looking at Polk db’s so far. I’ve only had 1 other set up components before phoenix gold rx6.5. As they were 10 years ago the bang for buck. Any suggestions?

I’ve noticed all of the post about these. I was worried they wouldn’t do well on low power or at least wondering.

I ended up getting a set of used kappa’s 608cs from someone on diy. I put some sound deadening on my doors and installed them. Haven’t hooked the amp up to them yet as I ran out of time. Sound a little bit better than the factory speakers off of the Kenwood h/u

I’ve noticed all of the post about these. I was worried they wouldn’t do well on low power or at least wondering.
I personally would put Polks in myself.. The Components up front and
I would get the Meso series 2 or 3 way for the front and the Coax for rear doors if you decide do speakers in the rear if going with CT sounds

I ended up getting a set of used kappa’s 608cs from someone on diy. I put some sound deadening on my doors and installed them. Haven’t hooked the amp up to them yet as I ran out of time. Sound a little bit better than the factory speakers off of the Kenwood h/u
LOL. Hell.. I just saw this. .. Kappas are a great speaker. I like Fiber cones myself. The Polks would dig a little deeper on the low end than Kappas and a little louder IMO. If you are going to use that USX 4065.. It should make those speakers sing pretty good/Come Alive at 11-12'Oclock position. Great Amp!!

I went to an audio shop and listened to the polks and I didn’t hear much difference between them and alpine type s. It might have been their setup. But I’m going to need to decide if bridging the amp to just the fronts or do rear fill. Decisions decisions…

I went to an audio shop and listened to the polks and I didn’t hear much difference between them and alpine type s. It might have been their setup. But I’m going to need to decide if bridging the amp to just the fronts or do rear fill. Decisions decisions…
I like Rear Fill Myself.. Nice to have a little surround sound type affect, and have something for passengers tat ride also.. If you dont wnt to use the rears.. Fade front works just as easy. A lot of people dont like rear fill .. but I do.. Doesnt take much'' 30-50 watts maybe @ moderate listening level on most my stuff

Well I finally had a chance to hook up the us acoustics amp. What a difference. Still playing around with the 13 band equilizer. The h/u put out 22 wrms, I bridged the amp and set the gains to give 100 wrms. It’s a lot louder than it was.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...