Upgrading Mustang...Need Amp help

SeanD

Hi,

I currently have Infinity Reference 6832cf front and rears. They are 2 ohm 60w RMS speakers. I am looking at putting in Kenwood KFC-XW800F 8" subs in the doors replacing the crappy Ford subs. These guys run 4 ohm and are around 150W RMS and I want to use them for Mid bass. I am wondering if there is a way to run these off of one amp. I am also looking at putting a sub/amp in the trunk in an enclosure.

Is there a way to configure a multi channel amp to runs those Infinity's and the Kenwood, or do I have to look at getting 2 amps. Someone suggested that I jut run the rear speakers off of the head unit and run the fronts and the door subs off of a amp, but I am not sure if that can happen because of the ohm difference and the required power for the door subs.

Thanks,

Sean

If I'm understanding correctly, you have a set of front speakers, rear speakers, AND 8" subs? You could get a 4 channel and run the front/rear speakers together (you would lose front/back fading capability) on two channels then the subs on the other two channels. Else you could also get a 5 channel, 4 channels for your front/rear speakers then run the 8" subs on the sub channel.

well i guess it all depends on what you would like to do with it and if your car has an exsisting amp in it. you said it had infinity system? i know my girlfriends jeep that ran infinity has a amp in it. if this is the case you sould be able to run the 8's fine. but if you are looking for some nice bass i would go wit a multi chan

It currently has a factory Shaker 500 system which has a bunch of factory amps that are crap. How do I choose a proper amp when the ohms are different between the front and rear speakers and the door subs? The speakers are 2 ohms and the subs are 4ohm SVC

It currently has a factory Shaker 500 system which has a bunch of factory amps that are crap. How do I choose a proper amp when the ohms are different between the front and rear speakers and the door subs? The speakers are 2 ohms and the subs are 4ohm SVC
Amplifier's can handle different loads so long as the speakers are on different channels. But in any case, what I would do is run each of the 4 regular speakers (front/rear) on the 4 speaker channels of a 5 channel amp (at 2 ohm each) then connect the two subs in parallel for a 2 ohm load on the sub channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.