Upgrading Factory Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Auckland
I'd previously tried this in a car where as I had taken out the factory speakers, and replaced them with Infinity Kappa's (powered by an Infinity amp).

Despite the Kappas sounding very good in another car, in this instance they sounded worse.

I can only think that making a custom "enclosure" around the back of the speaker would help. Or that the existing enclosure was specifically designed for the factory speakers, and was completely in contrast to what was required of the Kappas.

Is there some guide/formula as to how to go about this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If you feel that the factory speakers in your car produce a dull sound lacking deep bass and clear, crisp highs, and if you don't want to spend a...
When I stripped my factory system and started from scratch. I didn't need any adapters. I wired the new head unit wiring harness to the vehicle...
Those NVX are very good indeed. I only have a leftover set because they were originally going into my brothers restomod 68 Chevelle SS and we...
Well, there is always a bypass that can be McGuyvered. So next time you want to tackle that task, post it. We can help.
Man, sounds great - no pun intended! Glad you're happy with those Morels, I think they are special. Not sure why they don't get the local love. I...

About this thread

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Heathen
Auckland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from