Upgrading 6.5 Component front, coax rear

Hey guys, I have a pair of Polk Audio DB6501 in the front and DB651 in the rear. The rears are damaged as the windows have been hitting them (I know rookie mistake, it's fixed) and the front dropped out of the bracket and one has a tear in the surround (audio guy told me to use the stock speaker bracket, weak plastic broke). Anyways, I've done research and this time I'm doing it the right way using my own methods. I'm sound deadening first and then installing. Question is, should I stick with the Polk Audio or purchase a different brand/model. These speakers are great but I know there must be something better out there. Lets hear your suggestions. Supreme SQ is a must of course. Also, what SD material do you prefer? I'm leaning towards RAAMmat at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

A budget is one of the most important aspects to be considered.Amplifier being used? Or just Drop Ins on Stock HU power/or Hu power only.Polk DB.6.5s I have still sound great for the money,and power applied around 50 rms( VII Vulcan)sounded pretty good, and still do great.

I have a 70 rms 4 channel and a few sheets of dynamat on the doors (what was left over from the trunk kit) I'm trying to stay below 300 for the speakers. I'm upgrading to an IA Flatlyne 12 sub so I thought might as well redo everything because it's kind of poorly installed right now

I have a 70 rms 4 channel and a few sheets of dynamat on the doors (what was left over from the trunk kit) I'm trying to stay below 300 for the speakers. I'm upgrading to an IA Flatlyne 12 sub so I thought might as well redo everything because it's kind of poorly installed right now
do yourself a favor and with that 300 get a nice set of components in the front and bridge your 4 channel to 2 channel mode and fully power those components and forget rears ever existed and life will be 1000% sweeter. You will actually see/live/experience true music through hearing rather than just hearing noise.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22325_Image-Dynamics-CXS64-v.2.html

one quality set on a lot of power will always beat a lot of mediocre sets on little power and rear speakers destroy your sound stage and imaging.

Ditch the back speakers. Don't put anything back there. Up front, look at the Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components. I'm using these and these speakers rock!!! Very good bass response and outstanding midrange and high end reproduction. There's a guy selling these on diymobileaudio.com BNIB and he's asking only $230 shipped. I'd jump on them if I needed them. I believe they retail for $400. If you use the search function, you can find them.

If you don't like that idea, you can find them on Ebay for less than $300.

Also, if you google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" you will find a build log where the OP uses these speakers. He says a lot about them. Check out his review of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009 Volkswagen Jetta
I don't know if you're aware since you posted from Tapatalk, I'm a supporting vendor on this site. My business is Rubyserv and I sell speakers, amplifiers, installation parts(speaker brackets, wiring adapters, sound deadener, etc. etc.). In your stated budget I have a speaker package that includes 6.5" components and 6.5" coaxials. You can see it here:

CDT Audio HD-61-Pro CR2

The system is available in 4 ohms or 2 ohms. The standard warranty is 1 year, and there is an extended warranty option to bump it for just $2/year to a 5 year term.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.