Unusual box size

Participant count
  • Participant list

loud_drums
10+ year member

Mesa, AZ
I have two 6.5" JL Audio XR drivers. I want to put them in boxes. None of the local car stereo shops sell them, so I've gotta make them. There's all kind of info around about what size box for subs, but what size box should I have for these???

arent those components......why would you put them in boxes, unless you mean jl wo6's....but the xr's are components....they should be in fiberglass kick panels or in your doors.

The only thing close to an answer I can offer s that Infinity told me to put my 6X9's in a .3 cu ft box if I wanted them boxed. i'd guess a 6.5 would use about the same volume. But to be sure, ask JL tech support.

Taylor, yes they are part of a component set, but I bought JUST THE DRIVERS (no crossovers, no tweeters) a couple of years ago for my old car. For the past six months they have been sitting in my room, gathering dust, begging to be used. They weren't designed to be put in a box, but that doesn't mean they can't have good results if you box them up.

Anyways, I already built the box. I ended up building a pair of .5 cu ft boxes. They are getting 30W apiece (PPI amp) and they really kick hard (believe it or not). I put them on the back seat floor, right behind my seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.