unique whips...

"chemical bond"...go glue some mdf pieces together, let them dry for a few days then try to get them apart without breaking the wood.......long story short, wood glue equals teh bomb.

yeah its a brad nailer, I use one, as long as you glue the joints properly then your good to go, the nail just hold the wood together until the glue dries. wood glue creates a chemical bond between the pieces of wood.

WOOD GLUE>SCREWS

They started with all the JBL crap when they built the Hearse for Tony Stewart and needed help to do something "really cool" and Reme wasn't up to the task. They brought in some well known installers/competitors from Alpine and JBL (the guy with the Grand National) to help build it. I think they even brought in the Fishman for that install.

Anyway, I'm sure JBL helped bankroll the entire thing and had a major part in putting the entire installation team together. In return they get their products displayed on national TV every week or so. It's all about the money.

Honestly I've never seen Unique do anything that was truly unique. There must be a half dozen shops in every major city that can do what they do: Tint, bolt on some wheels, and screw some amps to a sub box. The only thing unique are the customers themselves (celebrities). I'll give them props for being good salesmen and marketers though.

its a probably crown stapler/brad nailer, every shop that builds boxes pretty much will have one, you put glue on the wood then line it up staple it, done.
Yup, when you have perfect cuts and a brad nailer... use plenty of woodglue and that's all you need.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

yep..but you're right about the marketing...they have some of the best clients to have....but ye jbl prolly funded alot fo that ****..seeming that it's basically huge advertising, becuase alot of people watch unique whips

I gotta get one of those brad nailers. I have a small air compressor (1.5 gal). My dad has a stapler/nailer, but that thing is horrible at driving staples through 1/2" MDF. Think I'd have more luck with nails?

I watch only b/c its the only install show on TV(cable).Sometimes I just shake my head & wonder about some of the installs,I mean besides the illaberate Hearse install I could've tackled most of them if not all(not to toot my own horn).Will's got a nice clientel but Reme's skills are drowning in that place.Part of the problem is some of the customers dont really know enuff about a good system & pay these guys loads of money to do for it them,but how do vehicles really sound.Sometimes I be like ,'where's the sounddeadening?'

I gotta get one of those brad nailers. I have a small air compressor (1.5 gal). My dad has a stapler/nailer, but that thing is horrible at driving staples through 1/2" MDF. Think I'd have more luck with nails?
More than likely. I've got one @ the garage if you need it sometime

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.