meinbeast
10+ year member

philly
Current set-up

2004 Acura TSX with navigation stock HU

Polk SR 6500 components

Polk SR 104DVC 10" sub in a .75 cu ft box sealed

amp Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 200x4 @4ohm or 400x2 @4ohm

I have it in 4 channel mode with 200w to the front stage and the sub at 400w bridged.

Problems:

1. Front stage does not get much noticeably louder than it did with stock 18watts rms

2. Still no Midbass, The front midbass just bounces a little, no punch whatsoever,its all sub-bass and highs. Should not be like this with 200 Watts RMS!!!!!

3. The sub is delayed, the bass-lines seem like their lagging behind in trance,heavy bass songs

I was told a JL cleansweep or Rockford 3sixty weren't needed. The consensus on the acura forums was that the HU puts out a clean signal, im seriously doubting this.

What can be done to fix this?

I dont want to play with gains on the amp too much, shouldnt have to with that power.

_frustrated

Current set-up
2004 Acura TSX with navigation stock HU

Polk SR 6500 components

Polk SR 104DVC 10" sub in a .75 cu ft box sealed

amp Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 200x4 @4ohm or 400x2 @4ohm

I have it in 4 channel mode with 200w to the front stage and the sub at 400w bridged.

Problems:

1. Front stage does not get much noticeably louder than it did with stock 18watts rms

2. Still no Midbass, The front midbass just bounces a little, no punch whatsoever,its all sub-bass and highs. Should not be like this with 200 Watts RMS!!!!!

3. The sub is delayed, the bass-lines seem like their lagging behind in trance,heavy bass songs

I was told a JL cleansweep or Rockford 3sixty weren't needed. The consensus on the acura forums was that the HU puts out a clean signal, im seriously doubting this.

What can be done to fix this?

I dont want to play with gains on the amp too much, shouldnt have to with that power.

_frustrated
you could be getting anywhere from 0 to only 1/4 of power if the gains arnt set right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

also your stock headunit is fine...

subs out of phase and up to loud,

reverse wires on the sub box (not the hu phase )turn your bass down a lil so the midbass can shine thru.

if thats the amp im thinking of which i think it is... your only getting about 50x2 @ 4 ohms... and the sub is getting 200 @ 4 ohms... i don't know if its the right amp but that could give you an idea why its not MUCH louder than stock

check your xovers you may have them cancelling out

what kind of box is it in? you might want to go sealed

also for your midbass, how are the speakers mounted? stock locations? sound deadend? kick panels?
speakers are mounted in stock locations, in front lower portion of door. Dynamat Extreme to be added in layers soon.

subs out of phase and up to loud,
reverse wires on the sub box (not the hu phase )turn your bass down a lil so the midbass can shine thru.
just reverse the wires on the sub and thats all?

if thats the amp im thinking of which i think it is... your only getting about 50x2 @ 4 ohms... and the sub is getting 200 @ 4 ohms... i don't know if its the right amp but that could give you an idea why its not MUCH louder than stock
check your xovers you may have them cancelling out

what kind of box is it in? you might want to go sealed
--amp is rated at 924 watts on the birthsheet. 200w rms x 4 @4.......i'm coming from an alpine 6channel putting out 60w rms and that screamed much more than this one

--AMP GUTS link to my amp

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Phoenix_Gold_Xenon_X200.4/

--box is sealed

--explain xovers canceling out?

also for your midbass, how are the speakers mounted? stock locations? sound deadend? kick panels?
ive seen all so may times a "professional shop" will take 6.5inch round speakers and drill them into 6x8 holes wih NO ATTEMPT at any kind of baffle. cancelation was happening like all hell, and in the end, a make shift baffle out of duct tape made a world of differance in helping them sound better. like night and day. I wouldnt expect a shop to use duct tape for baffleing off speakers in wrong sized mounting holes....but they could at least do SOMETHING. Rediculous...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.