Underpowering my 2 L7 15's

nutcasevi
10+ year member

MI
I have 2 L7 15's and I was planning on buying a Soundstream Tarantula TR1760/D

(1760rms watts) to power them. I was just wondering if there gonna be underpowered, or should I just look for a diffrent amp?

Originally posted by nutcasevi I have 2 L7 15's and I was planning on buying a Soundstream Tarantula TR1760/D

(1760rms watts) to power them. I was just wondering if there gonna be underpowered, or should I just look for a diffrent amp?
That should be good enough.

Originally posted by ridered36 '

Thanks Snova.....what are your personal thoughts about this amp? I am considering and Ampman, Tsunami, or the RE amp. I would love to get my hands on a used Zapco or D2 but dont have that kinda money right now:(
I think the Soundstream is a ****ing awesome amp...haven't heard good things about ampman, Trunami is great, and the RE is great...

The one I'm gonna buy isn't the biggest one they have in the Tarantula series its the 1760 watt version and the biggest is 2000rms watts. But its like double the price for 240 more watts. I just found a new place online called http://www.speedsound.com that has it for $609.

(link to exact product http://www.speedsound.com/soundstreamtarantula.html )

I do plan on porting the enclosure, but I'm not sure if I should tune it to my resonant frequency or to specs. I'm pretty new to the building ported box thin, so I'm not sure what I should do. I usually do sealed boxes for me and my friends.

I've never heard of that online store so I was wondering if I should go with them on the amp or go with onlinecarstereo and pay an extra Benjamin. Its the only thing I need to finish my car. Then I will have everything I need then I can start the installs of everything. Another thing is where would be the best place to install my monitor and who has a long enough ethernet cable so I can play xbox live on it:greedy:

As long as I'm asking for things does anybody have any snazzy gifs I can put on my deck? I'm already bored with the factory ones.

a mojo will keep right up with the bigger tarantula amp and cost you less although it doesnt look as cool but i doubt the smaller tarantula amp will be much better noticably than your kicker amp now. the shop i go too used to be a soundstream dealer and now they do memphis. the bigger amp is more of a shower than its lil brother. it has neon lights in it and so forth. but in a test of power between the biggest ss amp and memphis amp there wasnt much of a diff in the car they switched the trantuala from still did 163's.

Check sig...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nutcasevi

10+ year member
nutcasevi
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from