Unbalanced amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Youhearthat?
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK this is a JL audio e6450...

The thing is that I am triying to set the gains of the amp with the required voltage but the amp does not put out the same voltage in the left and right channels there is a difference of .5 volts... Unless I tweak with the gains and I move them around then both left and right channels settle [sometimes] and put out the same voltage and what I mean by tweaking is that I just move the knob around and then return it to the desired voltage... what should I do? I tought it was supposed to put the same voltage on left and right outputs... and I need to fiddle around with knob for it to do that? I know there are 3 gain knobs in my amp... but I am just talking about left and right channels that don't match under the same knob...

PD... I am positive that its not an issue with the headunit because I tried several different sources and it still had the problem...

Thanx for your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.