Uhh, is this a good amp? Its awefully cheap...

rms is just the average of what a speaker can handle
Im running a RE Se 10" with 1000 rms, its rated for 600 rms
The root mean square should not be seen as the average any more. It should really be seen as the limit of safe operation the speaker / sub can handle. Anything past that will potentially damage the speaker/sub.

The root mean square should not be seen as the average any more. It should really be seen as the limit of safe operation the speaker / sub can handle. Anything past that will potentially damage the speaker/sub.
right I agree with you

its the average "safe" limit for the sub

but for $120 bucks its taking 1000rms daily for 4 months now with no issues

so you run pyramid amps????
oh you don't....why not?? a watt is a watt. an amp is an amp
The fact that you keep coming back to roadgear and pyramid only shows your argument's weakness.

Furthermore, I bet I could run either of those brand amps in a setup, and hooked up properly, you'd think the system sounded good. Does that mean id chose those brands? No, but it does mean a watt is a watt. And the fact I wouldnt chose those brands for my system means that every piece of equipment has its limits.

The fact that you keep coming back to roadgear and pyramid only shows your argument's weakness.
Furthermore, I bet I could run either of those brand amps in a setup, and hooked up properly, you'd think the system sounded good. Does that mean id chose those brands? No, but it does mean a watt is a watt. And the fact I wouldnt chose those brands for my system means that every piece of equipment has its limits.
why wouldn't you run them if your "argument" is that all wattage sounds the same?

I just used those brands as a reference point in entry level gear.

god this arguement is retarded. It's not about the watt itself, its about all the components that make up each amplifier. you can either get a over-overrated pyramid that will eat fuses and whatnot rated at like 3%THD or you can dish out a few bucks for a high-quality better built amplifier with better guts that will produce equal or better power output but with a much more accurate signal to your drivers. It's not about the watt. Pyramid doesn't make "bad watts"

god this arguement is retarded. It's not about the watt itself, its about all the components that make up each amplifier. you can either get a over-overrated pyramid that will eat fuses and whatnot rated at like 3%THD or you can dish out a few bucks for a high-quality better built amplifier with better guts that will produce equal or better power output but with a much more accurate signal to your drivers. It's not about the watt. Pyramid doesn't make "bad watts"
thats the point i was getting at

its the processing behind making that watt audible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.