two hdc3 18's on kx2500

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
Well today i got through building my second box for my other hdc318 and it is insane in my truck! I know alot of people will say ok whatever but I have no friends around here that appreciate the beauty of audio so I figured I'd share with you guys! with one it was defintly loud tuned to 32hrtz box was built to 6cu ft 4" port with around 74" of port area, I am happy with the results everyone says tune high with them but I took a chance and do not regret at all. Any guesses what it will hit on a termlab legal all sealed up?? I'm hoping for at least 148 it's in a 2002 dodge ram quad cab stock 140amp alt with big 3 all zero gauge drops to about 12.0 full tilt getting a h.o. soon and two xsd3100's

AQ's sound real nice in any kind of box imo. I bet if you get a chance to make that box bigger with more port, you won't be dissappointed. But tuned in for numbers for sure. AQ/SQ ftw.

Really bigger?? I heard 6 cubes is as big as I should go with these what do you think I love hearing other peoples ideas and opinions so fire away!

I have had this EXACT set up walled in a 91 legend. This was back in 2009 though and i dont remember what the box dimensions were or the tuning but it slammed. Should be nice man.

Really bigger?? I heard 6 cubes is as big as I should go with these what do you think I love hearing other peoples ideas and opinions so fire away!
Well, with my 15, my daily box for it is 4.25 tuned to 40. With 90 sq in of port. Just a tad bigger than yours. Lol. I've had multiple amps on it, aq 1200, 2200, Ab amps, m3a. It's over 3 years old and still pounds.

It's been in so many boxes, lol. But there is a big difference on the low end everytime I put it in a bigger box. And it didn't lose any range on the upper end. My opinion, if you ever feel like building a new box, go with between 8-10 cubes with ~120 sq in of port. But i'm sure you love the way it sounds right now, which is awesome! Good luck!

well my other box i have is 7+cubes lol... its out right now. im trying out a 4th order. not sure what the cubes are on it lol..... but yea my other is a 7.1 cubes(i think) after sub and port displace.

**** it yall talked me into bigger boxes im thinking 8.2 after displacement and around 90" of port area for each sub i'm going off of you guys reccomendations so chime in if you feel like it

well my other box i have is 7+cubes lol... its out right now. im trying out a 4th order. not sure what the cubes are on it lol..... but yea my other is a 7.1 cubes(i think) after sub and port displace.
GL with that, tried my HDC's in a 4th. Didn't work well at all, so I went to a 6th order and they're much happier

**** it yall talked me into bigger boxes im thinking 8.2 after displacement and around 90" of port area for each sub i'm going off of you guys reccomendations so chime in if you feel like it
I like 6^3 net with 96^2 port area tuned around 35-36 for AQ/DD subs. Did a daily box around those specs for 2 18" HDC's in a Tahoe off 2 3500's that does a 54 legal and 56 outlaw.

I keep on hearing 6cu ft is the magic # but i dunno i just got through building these boxes and got some money tied into them im just gonna roll woth them for a while broke my **** heads up display in my truck today and did my first hairtrick so im happy!

bigger boxes can work, just depends upon the power level. Guys I build for tend to run a lot over RMS to their subs and play stupid low **** at full tilt...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

raptor727

10+ year member
come get some!!
raptor727
pensacola FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date