Two dd 1508's or Four 8" cvr's

tigermax14
10+ year member

I currently have four cvr 8's sealed runnin at 2 ohms off of a AQ 1200 and am thinking about swapping them for two 1508's ported. I would run them at 1 ohm giving them about 600 watts a piece and was wondering if they would be a good bit louder than my cvr's?

1508's will take more power, and can and will get louder. but properly powered and installed with the right box, the cone area advantage of the CVR's may not get it louder on the mic, but it will be louder to the ear than two 1508's. so the real question now is, do you want to meter higher, or sound louder?

thats like asking if you should keep a Pinto

or get a Corvette

sell the kicker crap and the 1200D

get the the DD's and an amp that does around 2k

The DD's will RAPE

I talked to Pete of PWK Designs and he has ran up to 4k on 1 DD1508.

Not that its at all practical. But try that on a CVR

Get him to design you a box. You won't regret it. You'll be able to run 2k on 2 DD's no problem.

The DD's will RAPE
I talked to Pete of PWK Designs and he has ran up to 4k on 1 DD1508.

Not that its at all practical. But try that on a CVR

Get him to design you a box. You won't regret it. You'll be able to run 2k on 2 DD's no problem.
that 4,000 watts was for burping. not daily. and im sure he's wanting something for daily, not just for one comp. cuz after 1-2, MAYBE 3 burps on 4,000w will burn that 1508 down

Well i dont really have the money or the electrical to get a bigger amp, and the box has to fit behind the seats in my regular cab silverado. I have a little more than 2 cubes before displacement.

I just put 2 DD 1508s ported on a AQ 1200D in my truck yesterday afternoon. Replaced a sealed Kicker CVR on an Alpine MRP450. And uh yeah theyre ALOT louder. Get em.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.