two 10" SE's

Participant count
  • Participant list

vinnie_febs
10+ year member

md
Hey guys I need your help. I just built my first box (yeaah) but it looks tiny as hell. I know that they are supposed to have like .65 cuft each. So I went to a website (12volt) and got some perimeters from it, and this is what it came out with: 27" wide, 14" height, and 9" in depth. Doesn't this seem kind of small?

if thats internal dimentions, its a lil big...

if external, and you're using 3/4" MDF, thats about right...

You may want to add a partition in the middle (to seperate the subs) and make the box 3/4" wider to compensate. MAke sure 9" will be deep enough for those subs too and some air behind them for cooling

thats .69 cubic feet per sub before the subwoofers displacement. The sub takes up ~.15 if i remember right, so you need one a little bit larger. 1.6 cubic feet before both subs go in would be perfect.

thats .69 cubic feet per sub before the subwoofers displacement. The sub takes up ~.15 if i remember right, so you need one a little bit larger. 1.6 cubic feet before both subs go in would be perfect.
That's what I was afraid of. I thought maybe the .14-15cuft was already taken in consideration when the manufactures asks for .65cuft per sub. Do you think some poly would help? Or is it too late? 'cause I'm almost done with the set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

vinnie_febs

10+ year member
vinnie_febs
md
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from