tweeters vs 3.5" 2 way speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason D

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am going to go active with my tweeters because I need to be able tune them (they are overpowered and sound horrible, I use duct tape over the grill to hide the volume of these passive little shits. My tweeter grill on my dashboard is large enough to do a 3.5" 2 way speaker with a little bit of customization. What would be better upgrade my tweeters since I am going active or add 3.5 2 way. Want to know what will sound stage better. Would the 3.5" be overkill for my mid sound. I have Rockford Fosgate P1675-S in my front doors with the tweeters in the dash if your wondering. The location is in the corners of my dashboard (honda pilot). Looking to get the infinity reference ref-3032cfx if I can fit them after I measure.

This is going to sound stupid. Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest 1 inch tweeters that they have. ( less than $10 ) wire them in series with your current tweeters. Then hide the new tweeters under the dash so that you can’t hear them. This will cut the volume of your RF tweeters in half. You could do the same thing with some 4 ohm resistors, but the cheapo tweeters cost less than 4 ohm resistors that would handle enough power to do the job.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...