Turbostart 16V Step Up Transformer - Charge 16v batteries off a 12v alternator!

Participant count
  • Participant list

avs20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Frisco, TX
This is a Turbostart 16v Step Up Transformer. This allows you to charge 16v batteries off a 12v system without any added modifications. I ran this on my system for years and it worked flawlessly. My system consisted of 2 18" MT's, 2 Visonik V4000XD's, and 4 Turbostart batteries. As you can imagine this system drew lots of amperage, and the transformer kept up with it no problem.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Price - $100

View attachment 26525201

Is this like a trunk mount thing? And what kinda terminals does it use I can se a power ground and switched ignition but for the actual connections is it ring terminals or set screws? Let me know I'm very interested

It connects to the 12v positive, 16v positive, and a 12v ground. You can connect it however you like, wherever you like. $110 shipped anywhere in the US.

couldn't reply to your pm as your pm box is full, but I never got to use my old one. Sold it when times were hard and been looking for more everysince. Wish I could have run up on them as easily as you have.

Dont mean to sound dumb but can u explain exactly how this works?
converts 14.4v to 16v to charge 16v batts.. look up the pdf of it on turbostart's website or google. They aren't made anymore. I was planning on having 4 to my battery bank of 16v but i was lucky to find one, these are very hard to get ahold of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.