tube port

Participant count
  • Participant list

chris765

ohio
could somebody point me in the right direction i am looking at porting a sealed 1 cubic ft box that will have one alpine 12" sub i am looking at tube porting so i dont have to butcher the box if i can get help i would apreciate it or advice

i actualy did a little research and found out my port legnth i didnt put the dimensions on my box but it will work it is a Ford F-150 Supercrew Cab 01-03 Dual Subwoofer Box and at 3" port at 32hz the tube would have to be 16.41 inches the box itself is rather long
You won't get 32 Hz tuning if the port is inside the box because the port will displace ~.1 cubes. With the port you're planning to use, that will make your tuning roughly 36, which isn't too bad really, because you'll never get good low end response from that small a volume with a 12. I modeled a Type R 12 in that box and the peak will be in the low 50s. The -3dB down point will be ~33Hz.

As for help, what kind of help do you need?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.