Ts-w3002d2 vs. RE Se-X12d2 vs. Mofo 122x ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The RE has the Pioneer beat on xmax, motor force and cone area. I know paper specs aren't the tell all, but to me there is a significant difference. It can't possibly be that good, Pioneer is Walmart quality stuff- I'd never buy anything pioneer for my car unless it was a h/u.

All of the recommend ported boxes say to use a 3" port with lengths ranging from 2.5-7" long depending on box volume, which all give a tune around 50hz.

The RE has the Pioneer beat on xmax, motor force and cone area. I know paper specs aren't the tell all, but to me there is a significant difference. It can't possibly be that loud, Pioneer is Walmart quality stuff- I'd never buy anything pioneer for my car unless it was a h/u.
You have obviously never messed with THAT Pioneer then. It's more comparable to the old SX that to the new Se-X. And have you seen the TS-W5000SPL? Can't possibly be that loud, that's Walmart ish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The RE has the Pioneer beat on xmax, motor force and cone area. I know paper specs aren't the tell all, but to me there is a significant difference. It can't possibly be that good, Pioneer is Walmart quality stuff- I'd never buy anything pioneer for my car unless it was a h/u.
All of the recommend ported boxes say to use a 3" port with lengths ranging from 2.5-7" long depending on box volume, which all give a tune around 50hz.
I've also seen the port recommendations, and don't like it. Some say they sound pretty good in 2-2.5 cubes ported at 32hz?

But will they sound good with only 600 watts?
Don't let anyone tell you that any sub that can take more than X watts will sound bad off X watts. I don't care if the sub can handle 5000 watts rms like mine, it sounds fantastic off 500 watts, or even 250. What you are looking for is efficiency, which sadly is a specification that is almost impossible to trust on-paper for three reasons: Some are tested before the sub is broken in and some aren't, most test the efficiency at 1khz which the sub will NEVER see in your car, and some test at 1w/1m while others test at 2.83w/1m (the latter giving the higher rating, and when they test using that amount of power, they usually don't let you know).

For you, your only chance is to do an A/B swap of the subs, each in their own optimal enclosure off the same system. Obviously, this is impossible to test without buying them, so you're left with choosing the most efficient sub with a wild guess. Sorry, but that's the sad truth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.