Trunkspace?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raven
10+ year member

Lacking social skills!
Michigan
How important is empty trunk space as opposed to enclosure space? Say you have 4 cubes gross in your entire trunk, and your sub is optimized exactly 3.5 cubes ported. Would it make sense to build a smaller box?

only if you need to put stuff in your trunk, i have about 2 inches above my speakers for them to breathe and allow excursion.. thats about it.. and my setup sounds pretty good to me, hits hard and loud, like i want.

i think thats what you were asking.

How important is empty trunk space as opposed to enclosure space? Say you have 4 cubes gross in your entire trunk, and your sub is optimized exactly 3.5 cubes ported. Would it make sense to build a smaller box?
not sure i think you need space for the air to move if you know wat i mean.

any sub will play ina smaller box then they recomend, but no one said it will sound good

reason beeing, you can loose out on a large percentage of your low end

I wish that You'd rephrase for intent.

If I understand Your statement: Your looking into acoustic loading?

It's not terribly important for 80% of sound systems. It's also entirely dependant on the driver & enclosure.

-nick

I wish that You'd rephrase for intent.
If I understand Your statement: Your looking into acoustic loading?

It's not terribly important for 80% of sound systems. It's also entirely dependant on the driver & enclosure.

-nick
Well, I'm not sure how to rephrase it. I was concerned that the lack of airspace and airflow into the cabin would keep all the SPL in the trunk, but my plans have changed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Raven

10+ year member
Lacking social skills!
Raven
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date