Trunk acoustics and sound dampening

Participant count
  • Participant list

Leesi207

CarAudio.com Recruit
Maine
I am in the process of sound deadening/dampening my civic. I’m just learning here, but have heard people reference a “rear acoustic wall”. In reference to subwoofer placement and sound dampening. I am trying to not spend a ton of money and to save weight where possible. But I want to understand how/where/why I should be installing this stuff for optimum acoustic response.
I found a link that someone suggested. I think it was an accord sport In the car audio build logs. It was either linked wrong or no longer available.

So far I have done my front doors with DynaMat and Siless 314 foam.
My rear deck is completely disassembled I have installed sound deadening to about 25% of the rear deck, and foam under anywhere that might rattle plus a full sheet across the plastic deck, cut outs where applicable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.