trouble installing new deck..no power

yoshida_Kinshi
10+ year member

reno, nv
so i finished splicing everything together and put the harness into the car/deck but i have no power....i redid all the connection and connected it again yet no power....my voltmeter is reading that theres like 8.9v at the car harness so there is power going to the cd player....not sure what the problem is. thanks in advance.~~~ ^_^

er just tested the constant power wire and its only showing 2.4v but the ignotion wire is showing 11.9v any ideas how or why i can fix the low voltage on the constant power wire?

Lol my first thought was he mixed up the constant 12v with switched 12v. If he was testing and getting 12v, the vehicle was most likely not started which means there's a chance he didn't have accessory turned on either. He may have bypassed the switched power and his head unit will be on all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.