Transmisson

baseballer1100
5,000+ posts

My life be like....
Kentucky
I went mudding a month ago or so and ever since then i have had to have the little stick on the gear thing in neutral for it to go in reverse and one to go in drive. And sometimes it seems like the transmisson slips. does anyone know what is happening and if so will it cost alot of money?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif do you mean the transfer case has to be put in neutral??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif do you mean the transfer case has to be put in neutral??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
Ummmm errrr ahhhhh Transfercases dont have neutral IIRC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You probably bent some of the linkage that connects the lever and the trans, or tweaked on the trans mount, mudding is rough on trucks. A bent linkage may or may not be expensive, if you bend it back, it's not. If you try and bend it back and it snaps off, then it will likely be expensive. If the trans is slipping, try changing the fluid, if that doesn't help you probably hurt it and it will need a rebuild, which will be expensive. Mudding is hard on trucks.

It's my job ? I get paid for it ? Really ?
STFU ... He didn't follow the ****ing rules and he's lucky his thread deleted because of it ...
you dont get paid for it. but you did assume the job no? you werent obligated to be a mod. besides this thread is more legitamate than half the ******** that flies here.

I went mudding a month ago or so and ever since then i have had to have the little stick on the gear thing in neutral for it to go in reverse and one to go in drive. And sometimes it seems like the transmisson slips. does anyone know what is happening and if so will it cost alot of money?

what kind of truck? Sounds more like a bent linkage to me

Will you guys stop crying at each other? someone is going to get thier feelings hurt and start crying like a 10 year old girl witha skinned knee and ****. It needed to be moved, and was. Jmac advised the guy to think about the area prior to postin, and he should. That's basically all there is too it, so why don't you STFU about it because anything more about this side topic is pointless.

pointless:

Pronunciation: 'point-less

Function: adjective

1 : devoid of meaning : SENSELESS

2 : devoid of effectiveness : FLAT

- point·less·ly adverb

- point·less·ness noun

no, you did the right thing by moving it. just dont complain about it....lol

seriously, shut up. There is a seperate section to put **** like this in, and he should have known that.

Don't come up with some clever rebuttle either, I most likely won't even be on here for another few days. Finals next week *****.

jmac mentioned it so that the original poster would be aware of the problem...that is all...

so yes, imo it was a good idea to bring it to baseballers attention so that he thinks twice before were he's posting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

baseballer1100

5,000+ posts
My life be like....
baseballer1100
Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date