Transfer Case

Participant count
  • Participant list

Strangirs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
Alright well my transfer case is grinding whenever I drive now according to a shop..

They want to charge me $1800 to fix it!

This is a 95 chevy suburban..

at the junkyard the piece is $120

Would replacing this myself be feasible? :\

If I can't I don't see myself throwing out $1800 into a old truck with 120,000 miles into it to break down again and would rather use that to finance a new car lol probably like a ford fiesta or some stupid lame car like that D:

It's not that extremely hard of a job but it really comes down to tools and what you have to work with. I did a couple in school this year but I'm lucky enough to have the autoshop in my school. 4 2 post lifts and a four post lift and a few hundred thousand dollars worth of tools can make any job seem easy.

It's not that extremely hard of a job but it really comes down to tools and what you have to work with. I did a couple in school this year but I'm lucky enough to have the autoshop in my school. 4 2 post lifts and a four post lift and a few hundred thousand dollars worth of tools can make any job seem easy.
Yeah I just graduated high school so I don't have access to lifts or tools anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Tools shouldnt be a problem because I know alot of people who are mechanics that will let me borrow tools lol

I got some jackstands idk if they would be safe for holding up a suburban all day lol maybe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.