Trade worth it?

My JL 12w3v3 for a Diamond D312d2 plus 50 cash?
He wants to do a straight trade sub for sub but I don't think it's worth it so I was going to ask if he'd do 50 on top. This would be for my girlfriends car, she uses the 12w3 right now.
Why are you wanting to trade? The JL and the D3 are both good subs and I doubt you'll hear that much difference. And if I was the other guy I'd tell you to get fucked on the 50 bucks.

Why are you wanting to trade? The JL and the D3 are both good subs and I doubt you'll hear that much difference. And if I was the other guy I'd tell you to get fucked on the 50 bucks.
I agree with DoesDad.

You won't have HUGE difference. If your girlfriend wants more bass add a second sub or get a bigger badder 12" or bump it up to a 15"

I wasn't sure on the sound quality of the D3... I guess I forgot to mention mine comes with a fiberglass enclosure built to spec, and his doesn't come with an enclosure. That's the $50 part of it. He wants my box with the sub. Which is almost a win for me because I can play around with another box design.

I agree with DoesDad.
You won't have HUGE difference. If your girlfriend wants more bass add a second sub or get a bigger badder 12" or bump it up to a 15"
She doesn't necessarily want more bass... first we were trying to trade a couple woofers or sell a couple in order to buy a threatcon because she wants matching woofers with me. I have SSA in my truck, 2 threatcons on there way for my car, and she wants to match lol

then this guy asked me about his woofer and since I'd never heard one I figured why not.

I wasn't sure on the sound quality of the D3... I guess I forgot to mention mine comes with a fiberglass enclosure built to spec, and his doesn't come with an enclosure. That's the $50 part of it. He wants my box with the sub. Which is almost a win for me because I can play around with another box design.
Well there ya go! If he's willing to do that go for it. Leaves you plenty on the other end to build another one. Did you like the w3? I ran 2 12's last year that I got off Craigslist for cheap. I was pretty impressed. They were in kind of a crappy prefab and they still got pretty low and loud. I should've kept them and put them in a good box.

Well there ya go! If he's willing to do that go for it. Leaves you plenty on the other end to build another one. Did you like the w3? I ran 2 12's last year that I got off Craigslist for cheap. I was pretty impressed. They were in kind of a crappy prefab and they still got pretty low and loud. I should've kept them and put them in a good box.
I got mine off a guy from craigslist that was selling this and a slash 500/1... I got both for $75

Right now it's given a little over 600 rms and it sounds real nice. It can handle more power than I thought it would, and it likes a smaller enclosure than the other extra woofers I have laying around so it fits her Honda nicely.

She doesn't necessarily want more bass... first we were trying to trade a couple woofers or sell a couple in order to buy a threatcon because she wants matching woofers with me. I have SSA in my truck, 2 threatcons on there way for my car, and she wants to match lol
then this guy asked me about his woofer and since I'd never heard one I figured why not.
If thats the case sell him the sub out right and buy another threatcon 2! haha If my wife liked subs she would have my single Threatcon 2 in her ford focus and I'd be running 2 in mine. But since she doesn't I stick with one so if she needs cargo space in my ride she'll have it.

You could always take a Pink Sharpie and color in the White logo to make it more for her! haha

If thats the case sell him the sub out right and buy another threatcon 2! haha If my wife liked subs she would have my single Threatcon 2 in her ford focus and I'd be running 2 in mine. But since she doesn't I stick with one so if she needs cargo space in my ride she'll have it.
You could always take a Pink Sharpie and color in the White logo to make it more for her! haha
I would love to find a company who does custom cones so I could get her one with either her name or some cool colors... She doesn't like a ton of bass, just enough to get the full sound from her music. She was amazed when I put components in and deadened her doors.

I would love to find a company who does custom cones so I could get her one with either her name or some cool colors... She doesn't like a ton of bass, just enough to get the full sound from her music. She was amazed when I put components in and deadened her doors.
My wife felt the same way when I put components in my Nitro and deadened. "It's So Clean and Crisp!"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.