Trade of labor between Jaydubb and goingdef

Participant count
  • Participant list

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
Well I have now finished up the H.O. alt and two battery install on his suv and he built me a box materials included as payment for my labor, well I got the box last night and installed today(I was running a mtx 7500 pre-fab)well the damn thing ......SLAMS! Hopefully Jay gets in here and post some pics( I was to impatient and just wanted it in ) but the quality is top notch and he did the full design I left it all up to him so I'm giving credit where credit is due!

Thanks Jeff I appreciate it! It really sounds amazing great job man it made all the cussing under your hood worth it!

wow that is such an awesome trade. I wish I could do a trade like that around here. Installing car parts simple. hand crafting a good looking box...hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

wow that is such an awesome trade. I wish I could do a trade like that around here. Installing car parts simple. hand crafting a good looking box...hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
HAHAHAHA simple, yea it was REAL simple even with two large tool sets it took hours the alt is on the bottom of the engine and the first alt didn't fit(and I didn't find out until I tried to install) so I did it twice.

HAHAHAHA simple, yea it was REAL simple even with two large tool sets it took hours the alt is on the bottom of the engine and the first alt didn't fit(and I didn't find out until I tried to install) so I did it twice.
My alternator took over an hour to install. Because of the mounting brackets my buddy made so I could put it in my car.

Oh LOL. well that is gay. Sounds like he definitely made out ahead on the trade. But at least you got something out of it. I am so used to alternators being up in front or near the top and relatively easy to come out. (but then again most the cars at my home are german 4cyl)

Sounds like he definitely made out ahead on the trade. But at least you got something out of it. I am so used to alternators being up in front or near the top and relatively easy to come out. (but then again most the cars at my home are german 4cyl)

I've done all my previous alts, this one is buried.

Figure I'd let someone else mess with it.. I did put in some time on the box, but I don't half ass shit!

I slacked on teh pics, but here's what I got.

35an3u1.jpg

2llyedh.jpg

2nhki7b.jpg

2ur5p4k.jpg

I've done all my previous alts, this one is buried.Figure I'd let someone else mess with it.. I did put in some time on the box, but I don't half ass shit!
I bet! Boxes can be very time consuming. Especially when there made to look appealing. I am very jealous. I wish I could trade some part labor for a box!

I've done all my previous alts, this one is buried.Figure I'd let someone else mess with it.. I did put in some time on the box, but I don't half ass shit!
yep we could have each done the jobs ourselves but this was sssooooo much easier on both of us and we both do quality work so neither of us had any worries!

Glad you like it....I gotta upload the pics.
DUDE "like" isn't the word for it my lows kick *** now I mean amazing difference in the quality of the sound, it's not like a wet fart anymore!

my box rocks except for lead slap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
yea there's so much more output now my dome light slaps and it sounds horrible, but if I push up REAL hard on my roof everything sounds amazing! so I'm thinking I'm going to fill it with expanding foam to take up the dead space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

goingdef

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
goingdef
Norfolk VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies