toyoto corolla's ****!!!!

DAATH
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
atlanta
i can't find a speaker that will fit in this sorry car... it has almost 3 inches of depth but only less than an inch top depth. that freak'n sux. who out here has a 2004 corolla? i wanted to go with some pioneer coaxils but the tweeter sticks out too far. i also need a 2ohm speaker. this is for my girl's car. i have an unused dls A1

(80 X 2 @ 2ohm- 45 X 2 @ 4ohm) that i wanna use to power the front speakers. are those infinty kapa's worth a ****? i had the perfects... they worse speaker i ever owned. i guess my only 2ohm speaker option is the jbl gto's and infinity kapa's. this is gonna be subless... it would be nice to find a speaker that will actuall fit and have decent midbass.

I know how you feel. I got a 1st gen tundra. When I went to instal my HSK's the window guide rail was in the way. Had to space it back some plus build custom mounts for a speaker that was almost a 1/2" deeper. Also had to grind the door cover to hell. When I finally got the speakers to fit they were so close to the window guide that they can almost hold themselves to the door from the magnetic pull.

I don't think Toyota engineered their vehicles for audio upgrades.

You know, my 99 camry managed to fit the obnoxiously deep power line cs woofers...i think some cars it would be impossible without fiberglassing replacement door panels and mounting the speakers to those instead - but i had to cut bigass ****ing holes in the door panels to fit them back on after I added the 1.25" MDF baffles...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.