Tough Install Problem...Any Takers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJMaestro

Hello everyone. Hope someone can help me out. So here goes...I have a 1994 Chrysler Lebaron GTC, I am installing a JVC CD Receiver KD-S570. One day it just died on me. I purchased the service plan from Best Buy and took the stereo back to have it tested. They said that it was working perfectly. I came home baffled. I checked all my fuses and they were all fine. I decided that it was time to uninstall the car stereo and EQ and start from scratch. In doing so, that meant disconnecting everything (including a mess of wires from a previously installed EQ. So here is where I am now. I have cut all the wires so that I am left with only the factory installed wiring. Though consider this...I have cut the wires above the factory installed 'harness' in the hopes to directly connect the stereo and EQ. Since then I have tried to reconnect only the battery and power connectors of the stereo and EQ directly to the factory wires, but, I still have no power responding and neither unit will turn on. I dont know if cutting the wires above the harness is part of the problem.

In any event, I have tried to reconnect the stereo and EQ and neither is responding with power from the factory installed wires. I have searched the internet for the wiring diagram for my car and there is a discrepancy or 2 I find every time. So I will list my diagram if this will help with any trouble shooting:

Grey Chassis:

Pink wire - Battery

Red/Black wire - Power

Orange wire - Dimmer (or Illumination)

Yellow/Brown wire - Illumination (or Dimmer)

Blue/Red wire - Right Front (neg) (or Right Rear Neg)

Brown/Red wire - Left Front (neg) (or Left Rear Neg)

Black Chassis:

Blue/Orange - Right Rear (neg) (or Right Front Neg)

Brown/Blue - Left Rear (neg) (or Left Front Neg)

Violet - Right Front (pos)

Green - Left Front (pos)

Blue/White - Right Rear (pos)

Brown/Yellow - Right Rear (pos)

I hope someone can help me figure out why my power will not respond. Thanks for any suggestions

well u could have it all hooked up right but u need a remote to turn it on. the pink is teh "battery" so it is the 12v source.then the power wire should be ur remote i forget what color it was listed as but i think u said red. hook up ur grounds for both the eq and the HU (never user factory ground, make ur own) then hook the power up on both the eq and the HU to the pink wire then just the remotes to the red wire or the power wire. then turn ur ignition if it still doesnt turn on try this littel trick. grab a loose piee of wire attach it to the remote on the cd player then run it (remember this is just a test so it doesnt need to be neat and stuff) then run it to ur fuse box. pull out ur radio fuse and wrap the edn of the remote wire around the prongs then put it back in (the fuse box is switched to the ignition switch) make sure ur power and ground is installed then turn ur ignition. if it stills doesnt turn on its ur power wire cuz u know ur remote works try that.

if that confused you email me fisherpricekid@hotmail.com

the following.........

a test light and or a digital multi meter?

You'll also need a battery (AA or AAA will be fine)

Let us know if you have these things and we can help you troubleshoot it.

Thanks for your reply...heres what my problem is (hold on to your seat).

After trying numerous volt meter tests, I was getting power in all the right places. So when I tried to reconnect the head unit, I got zilch. Stumped again. Short and sweet, it was a fuse. I know, the first thing you should check when a situation like this happens are your fuses. And I did at the time (and several times after that). Heres the lowdown on my fuse problem...My #27 fuse (Radio) was still good, though my #13 fuse (dome light) was blown. So I pulled it and never replaced it. Which brings us to today....When I gave up on connecting the head unit, I decided to screw it and just replace my blown fuse since I had no other hope. Low and behold, I plug in the fuse and not only did it fix my radio, but, it also fixed the broken tachometer (which coincidentally) went out at the exact same time the head unit went out.

Call me every name in the book, I deserve it, but, you can understand how a mislabled fuse panel just threw me out of whack in trying to find out what the problem was.

Im rollin' now, thanks again everyone for your help.

Maestro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DJMaestro

DJMaestro
Largo, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
DJMaestro