Torn, confused, you name it.

Participant count
  • Participant list

NYC-Havok
10+ year member

SI, NY
Alright, so I have some loot to drop on a new sound system of mine, and I just need opinions.

At the moment my car (2003 Impreza WRX) has the following:

HU - Pioneer DEH-P7500MP

FD - Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P FNP2614U*

RD - " "*

* - running off preamp for HU (which blows), needs amp

So what I am thinking, is first off, to buy an AMP, I have my mind set on the Rockford 801x simply because I can get 100x4 on that which gives me some breathing room in the upgrade.

Next, is whether I want to replace those component systems or not. What I had in mind, was to put in a new set of Fanatic Q's (3614's) in both the Front Door's as well as Rear's. Good way to go?

I had also considered putting in 2 3-way setup's, but like someone before had asked, I really do not know where the mid's would go on the front and back.

Aside from this I am getting either 1 or 2 Power HX2's in the back facing the seats, each with their own RF 1000.1 amps.

Like I said though, what would be a good idea for front?

I am getting that amp regardless, just speaker selection.

Thanks!

is there anything thats making u lean towards getting rockford? i would recommend Resonant Engineering SE's instead of the HX2's. they are about the same SPL but the SE's SQ will be much better than the HX2's. Also theyr amps are very pricey. For ur front speakers you should get a nice component Set. What is ur price range then people can suggest u many nice products that would be cheaper and better than rockford.

Cheaper and better? Nice =)

My price range is pretty decent I would say, I have around $750 initialy (as in this week) to jump things off, which I will probably aim to get a good multi chanel amps to power the doors, so if anyone could come up with a great plan that would involve me getting a good amp + front component set? Or something like that.

Then on around aug 1st I get paid for a website I made so thats another $1500 in the pile to do some things.

So maybe if you all could help me break down this setup into some great sound for good prices (it'd be nice to have some loot left over =) )

I mainly listen to Tech/Trance/House/etc, so I am looking for a system that can handle high's, mid's, and low's very very well, but I want those bass kicks to be loud, crisp, and tight (I hate farty bass) =)

And I just read about the SE's, they are reall that nuts? =)

http://www.respl.com the site is still under construction though. Call them for prices. They have 4 series of subs now. SE, SEXXX, HC, and XXX. they are in that order from cheapest to most expensive. They are all awesome subs i got 2 10" SE's and they pound hard and sound great. Also look into http://www.edesignaudio.com many people on this board have these subs and say theyr awesome. Dont bother looking for them on online stores or from ur local audio shop they wont have them u jjust order directly from the company.

For ur speaker setup if u need 6.5's then u should get the CDT classics theyr like half off now on thezeb.com. Other companies to look at for components would be Focal, Rainbow, Mb Quart, CDT, Crystal, Diamond. It all depends on how much u wana spend on each part of ur system.

What I kinda figured was maybe give myself 1k for the sub/amp/whatever else and knock that out if I could, and have the remaining 1250 for the doors.

Now for the doors, I want quality, but at a reasonable price. I believe my fronts are 6.5 and my backs are 6.5 as well (they were modified from a 4").

So again, I have the question of should I get two matching comps. from front and rear, or comp + coax.

Also, another question, for a 3way setup, is it worth it? And/or how would I install that extra cone in the door, custom doors?

**** with that kind of money u can have a crazy system. What u should do is post a thread in the Subwoofer section asking what sub/amp combo would be the best for u. Say what ur price range is and if u want SQ or SPL.

For the components i would just pick up 1 set of focal utopias for the front. And dont put anything in the back. the rear just messes up the soundstaging. with a set of utopias ull be more than overly happy. check out ebay or purecaraudio.com for prices

**** with that kind of money u can have a crazy system. What u should do is post a thread in the Subwoofer section asking what sub/amp combo would be the best for u. Say what ur price range is and if u want SQ or SPL.
For the components i would just pick up 1 set of focal utopias for the front. And dont put anything in the back. the rear just messes up the soundstaging. with a set of utopias ull be more than overly happy. check out ebay or purecaraudio.com for prices

Components, I would just pick up a set of infinities or Type R's. Why waste money on something like that. Now granted I dont know the price of the Utopia's but I am guessing it is pretty steep. Now as for subs, EdA, Brahma, XXX, SeXXX, HC, K. Any of these is what they are gonna say.

What are the model names for the Utopias? 165k, 165k2, etc.

As for the Type-R's, I would guess those will sound pretty much the same as the RF Fanatics I have in now, no?

Ah, and also, is the RF 801X a good amp to power the doors?

What are the model names for the Utopias? 165k, 165k2, etc.
As for the Type-R's, I would guess those will sound pretty much the same as the RF Fanatics I have in now, no?

Ah, and also, is the RF 801X a good amp to power the doors?

Rockford fosgate's good, but why not be different. Just put a post up and tell how much money, how much room you have. They will make a steup for you. I am to lazy.

Rockford fosgate's good, but why not be different. Just put a post up and tell how much money, how much room you have. They will make a steup for you. I am to lazy.
Lazy man! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, like I said, initialy i have 750 to drop (sometime this week), then I get paid for a website job, and I get 1500, so whatever I can get with that =)

Lazy man! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Well, like I said, initialy i have 750 to drop (sometime this week), then I get paid for a website job, and I get 1500, so whatever I can get with that =)

Looking or spl, sql, or sq? Sql I would suggest the brahma, XXX, EdA. Sq I would suggest the O, Idmax, and the Brahma as well. A setup I would suggest is 2 Brahma 12's with the tsunami 1800. Ported to 25-30 HZ, or sealed if you want a tad better SQ. Box would be 5-6 cuft or so. Just my suggestions lots of better more knowledgeable people on here. You can get the brahma's from Jlaine with no shipping also.

http://www.adireaudio.com

http://edesignaudio.com/ep/amps.htm at the bottom.

Nuts, sounds like a plan. Now how about for these midbass'? I am going to get a focal 2way setup for the front, and for the back, well, something that will really thump, so that as I wait for my subs I still have nice crisp kicks.

Or would a 3-way setup be the way to go, putting those midranges in the back?

Components, I would just pick up a set of infinities or Type R's. Why waste money on something like that. Now granted I dont know the price of the Utopia's but I am guessing it is pretty steep. Now as for subs, EdA, Brahma, XXX, SeXXX, HC, K. Any of these is what they are gonna say.
Why Waste money on nice components ?? what kinda question is that. He is willing to spend over 2g's on his system.

heres the utopias http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036615712&category=32819

and here are the polykevlars , im sure ud be more than happy with these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036144956&category=18800

just get a nice 100x2 watt amplifier for them. purecaraudio.com has them as well if u dont wana order from ebay

Why Waste money on nice components ?? what kinda question is that. He is willing to spend over 2g's on his system.
heres the utopias http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036615712&category=32819

and here are the polykevlars , im sure ud be more than happy with these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036144956&category=18800

just get a nice 100x2 watt amplifier for them. purecaraudio.com has them as well if u dont wana order from ebay

There is not gonna be a REAL big difference. Hell you can buy 2 sets of infinities for that price. Also I would bet they are 700 brand new. Why do that?

Hm, is the SQ that much better from the Poly-K -> Utopia? Or, like you said, will I be more than very happy with the poly-k?

And with the amp, I should not worry about powering the rear doors? I was thinking maybe that RF 801x to juice the front with 100x2 as well as the mids (which I have no knowledge of) in the back?

Speaking of mids, what are good ones to get? =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.