top of the line components!!

REDRUM
10+ year member

i normally dont say this but currently money is not the issue-im looking for a component that is best suited for metal and rock. im looking for the "best" sq set up for this style of music. i'll be using helix amplifiers. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

XXX comps, build glassed enclosures in the doors.

run them fully active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love my MB Quart's and my friends Focal's. Both are real clean and crisp but the focal runs alittle more than the MB's. Neither require a lot of power to perform outstanding. Another brand I've heard thats supposed to be top-notch is Diamond Audio. i just read in Car Audio and Electronics that they called Morel top-of-the-line when they reviewd there Elate 6 components. just suggestions.

Why do people keep recommending XXX comps when they don't even exist? XXX mids are the only part being made. You would have to find a crossover and tweet to match.

I'm running the OZ audio Matrix 180cs set and couldn't be happier. I've compared with Diamond Hex, Alpine Type-R, Boston Pros, and liked the kicked back smooth sound of the OZ set the most.

My Rainbows like all types of music- but when someone asks for best sets, I can only recommend others which I feel share the same tonality and balance, detailed with pleasant highs- I avidly recommend DLS, OZ matrix, Dynaudio, Rainbow lines for passive sets for this matter- normally people that get into these sets are very satisfied for the long run.....the type of sets that remind you everytime you hear them in action how much you really enjoy them

Whatever you chose just make sure that you have the power on tap that they deserve, that makes or breaks the listening experience-good luck

just got back from listening to a pair dls iridiums- those speakers rule!evrybody at home brags about mb quart q series- quart aint got nothing on those dsl's. their going for $1,100.00 for a component!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/offwall.gif.29a91b9b265d47af4b8e33fc5b558d18.gif

im looking for a loud sq component-i hear morel made those ss mid drivers,and i've heard morel tweets are nice but the drivers are melow
Power....my friend, power- what brings midbass to life- Def get out there and hear a few more sets before making a decision- Kicker SS comps are very high end as well-

To me Mbquart is the Audiobahn(based on hype) of speakers in Europe, although they've mastered the aluminum tweet they get too much hype basically due to availablity and popularity in the states, yet cannot compete in delivering musical reproduction in the way the likes of DLS, Rainbow, Focal....etc... for those whose vision of SQ is more natural separation and less clinical

Boston Z6 comps make me cream my pants. Handle hella power, and they simply sound AMAZING.

However, this is a perfect opportunity for me to make a shameless plug

[shameless plug]

Horns man. I listen to rock, and I'll never go back to tweeters. I love my horns, and they love me. You don't know loud till you've sat in a car with HLCD going balls to the wall.

[/shameless plug]

Boston Z6 comps make me cream my pants. Handle hella power, and they simply sound AMAZING.
However, this is a perfect opportunity for me to make a shameless plug

[shameless plug]

Horns man. I listen to rock, and I'll never go back to tweeters. I love my horns, and they love me. You don't know loud till you've sat in a car with HLCD going balls to the wall.

[/shameless plug]
I'm horny //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I'd love to audition vehicle equipped w/ID horns....never have, hear super things...

i think im gonna run with my idq8'-now i need to find me a pair of id cd-2 comps. i probally use dsl amps,they have a small a/b 2ch 30+2 @4ohm to power the horns. you think those big horns will be too much for my S-10?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.