TomTom GO 510

Participant count
  • Participant list
thats a good unit you bought. What typed of features are you looking for. Really the only two gps brands i would look at would be garmin or tomtom. the 510 you bought is comparable to the garmin 340. Garmin gives you mapping of the US. Tomtom gives you US and canada. Garmin gives you 3.5 inch screen, tomtom is 4 inch and has a better antiglare screen than the garmin 340. 340 gives you text to speech tomtom 510 doesnt. 510 gives you bluetooth garmin 340 doesnt. Personally i like tomtoms setup better. Finding POI is much easier with the tomtoms than the garmins i think. Also when you route the tomtoms you can view your route in text, demo route, by pics, etc. Its pretty cool. Garmins dont have those features. Garmins volume control is a bit more convenient than the tomtoms. It kind of comes down to personal preference and what features your looking for. Any more questions just ask, i know a decent amount about the gps. ;-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

electronicsgeek

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
electronicsgeek
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date