Today we mourn

OnYrMrk
10+ year member

Superstition is bad luck
Moore, Ok
Yesterday, a true legend in Car Audio passed away.

Alma "Mom" Gates paved the way for SPL and SQ. She was a beacon of hope that no matter what you put your mind to, you can accomplish.

She leaves a legacy of car audio spl enthuiasts, SQ enthusiasts and all matter of people in between.

Alma was an amazing person that I am honored to call friend. Much like Will Rogers, Alma never met anyone she didn't like. Once you meet and talk with her, you called her Mom.

Rest in Peace Alma, earth's loss is Heaven's gain. Prayers go out to her son Patrick and family.

ALMA GATES

September 22, 1935 - March 28, 2013

I just saw that in my email, RIP Mrs. Gates.

For those who don't know... she was a SPL world champion and car audio would be different today if she didn't exist. I mean here's an older lady whom I expect to give me homemade cookies but no, she has one of the loudest bass vehicle in the world.

AlmaGates_zps991dd1c0.jpg

Checkout her ride

https://www.google.com/search?q=alma+gates+bronco&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=Jb1VUaqCH-r1ygGlxIHQBw&biw=1680&bih=911&sei=K71VUf67N6PWyQGpk4DgDw

See those 1st-gen Solo Baric L7s? Those aren't ordinary L7s and it is not available to the public. Many equipment that went into her truck is custom-built to be better.

****, sad to hear this. Never met or knew much about her other than she was a great person and competitor!

Very sad indeed. She was a great woman and simply amazing to be around. Her character was second to none and she would do anything to help someone out. Oddly though, her love for cheesecake is what got us talking back in 2000 and kept us in touch all this time.

This loss is huge for this industry!! She will be missed...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Rest in Peace Alma, you will be missed. You effected the lives of more people than you will ever know or understand. Some people have one outlet and that's car audio...and she may have mad you proud to have it as your passion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.