To distro, or not to distro?

Chazbo
10+ year member

N/A
I'm planning on using a Crossfire BMF 1000D for a sub amp and I have a tek 100.2 that I'll be using for components

My question is would it be easier to run 4 gauge for the BMF and leave the 8 gauge for the tek, or should I take out the 8 gauge and use distro blocks?

It's not really important that everything is an awesome install, but I don't want wires everywhere

If I went the distro route, should a go 0/1 and split it to 4 and 8, or what suggestions do you have?

Any help appreciated!

It's not necessary to use a distro, but it does drastically cut down on wiring and would be a lot cleaner. For those amps, I think you'd be fine running 4awg to the distro and then 4awg to the BMF and 8awg to the 100.2 from there.

Would I want the distro block to be fused?

If so, then will I still need the inline fuse?

I'm kinda shady about this part so I'd love some help!!

If you reduce the size of the main power wire you should fuse the wire where the size is reduced. I.E. if you go from 4 to 8 a fuse should be used. You still need a fuse at least 16in from the battery irregardless of whether you use a distro or not.

If you reduce the size of the main power wire you should fuse the wire where the size is reduced. I.E. if you go from 4 to 8 a fuse should be used. You still need a fuse at least 16in from the battery irregardless of whether you use a distro or not.

you mean less than 16"?

you should anyway...

the less the better...

Is it neccessary that the power distro is fused?

I know it'd be safer, but I've seen some "power" blocks that aren't fused....so I'm not sure on that

ALSO, what size fuse should I use in the Inline and the block(If needed)

By the way, thanks for the help

It's not neccesary. But if something does go wrong with an amp and causes you main fuse to blow how will you know which amp? It's just a safety percaution. Amps aren't cheap and if I have to pay a little more for protection I will. I fused mine with the same size the amp it's running to is fused. So my Alpine had a 60amp fuse I put a 60amp fuse in the distro block.

So should I put the combined in the inline

Like if one was 50 and the other 75, should I put a 125 in the inline?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chazbo

10+ year member
Chazbo
N/A
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from