Tinted marker lights vs black marker lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

knotdrummer88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
on my jeep I'm looking into smoking out the marker lights, and i was wondering because they're orange will they still look good under the black, and will the turn single still show through orange ok and everything? I'm either going to smoke them out, or buy black lenses.

-Thanks!

If you buy the blacked out lenses, you might want to put in a bright white bulbs or super flux LEDs. If you tint it then the orange may show if you are still wanting it too. The key is if you are darkening them, you should put in a slightly brighter bulb.

Sorry for late reply if you have already completed the project.

Good luck.

GDA

I've tinted side markers and turn signals with a rattle can style tint spray. I did it lightly and the amber color was still very visible when the light bulb came on. Good luck.

you may want to check your local laws, where I am this thread should read Tinted marker lights vs black marker lights , what will get me pulled/ticketed faster!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.