Threaded rods

Participant count
  • Participant list

VisceralSound
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So as some may have noticed watching any of my 3-4 videos I have pretty bad flexing on the top, well I took apart the top of the box and added a make shift internal brace, but after I put the top back on, screwed the box in, and did liquid nails wood adhesive around all the gaps I didn't put any glue/caulking on the width of the sides/front/back so now when it plays full tilt the wood "claps" or rattles against each other.

Should I try longer screws (using 1.5") woods about 1" thick. or attempt to add a threaded rod through the area and attempt to access the spare tire wheel well. I've added a plank of wood on the top screwing in the left right and middle of the plank, and also added an L bracket type steel plate screwed into the top of the box and the plank (about 14-18" long) and still vibrates full tilt.

so you didn't use wood glue on all of the joints? If not that's the problem lol

Either build a new box or take this one apart and use something like titebond 2

so you didn't use wood glue on all of the joints? If not that's the problem lolEither build a new box or take this one apart and use something like titebond 2
Yeah I DID do titebond 2 on the joints when I first put it together haha, but didn't on the top this time around, whats the best way to remove construction adhesive?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.