this is the craziest thing ive ever seen and heard

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigv123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
chicago
my hu went out the other day and i had just purchased my city sticker and now im broke(**** mayor daley) but any way i havent driven my car all week end i had a portable dvd player on my dash with the rca ' s to my radio so i open my trunk and my complete board is on with no radio in the dash at all so i un hook the remote wire but then i hooked it back up messing with the hu to c if i could get it to work and i hit the rca's together and i hear music so i got a coupler and i hooked em up amd sound now how is this possible some one let me know \

ohh yeah it hits harder than it did with the hu

Holy run-on sentence...

Your portable DVD player is a low level music source, just like your head unit was...it's probably louder because of higher pre-out voltage.

and my speakers are now poping i un hooked the rca's and it stopped what can i do to stop that all the time

just do what i did dude. i've gone without a headunit for close to a week now til i could get around to installing a temporary one til i can save money. i have about a 14 mile drive to and from work 5 days a week. just save up a bit of money. anyone can go without music for a little bit. hell i'm working on installing my orion 2500d right now since i've had it for over a month now and the sub since like september. hopefully i'll have bass today for the first time in over a year!

**** a week. I've been out a hu for over a month and won't have one until my Ural arrives. Buy yourself a **** portable cd player and get some headphones.

i got a new head unit jensen i had to take out the whole dash though then my amp went crazy had re wire the speakers to the unit but all in all it sounds great its a din and a half

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.