This article *****!

Car stereo is a hobby.Why dont we take away another thing for people to do.Some people have nothing better to do with their time.

I can't believe she menitoned that when you sit in some of these cars they will call instant death. Who the hell is stupid enough to sit in a car playing that loud???? Also she mentioned that one guy "blasting waves of sound" like he was some super vlilian out of marvel. One question though...since when were they called boom cars??

I hope all these ****ers die. I wish I knew where they lived, because I would for **** sure rattle the windows off of their houses, just because i can. I have a loud stereo, my sole intent is to piss people off with it. All I do is drive around setting off car alarms, following people around and terrorizing them, and disturbing the peace. Right. This freaking article has enraged me so much, grrrrr.

Why don't we outlaw the use of guns by police officers, because we all know, a quiet world is a perfect one. A gunshot from a cop is going to wake me up long before a loud car drives by. Loud cars don't wake me up, doesn't matter how loud they are. These people must have a handful of 150 dB+ cars driving around daily, because a Cavalier with 2 10s doing low 120s sure isn't loud enough to bother me. **** it up and live with it, it's only there for 10 seconds while they drive by. And about the stock systems being heard blocks away, if you can hear a stock system from blocks away, you must hear most of us on this forum from 10 miles away.

I am upset. Bastards.

"Boom car drivers are truly audio terrorists."

I want to kill these people.

LOL

"Not only can listening to a car stereo potentially cause hearing loss, but it can be distracting and interfere with our ability to hear emergency sirens, she said. A siren is ineffective if it is not 8-12 dB louder than the background noise of a car. Listening levels often surpass the volume emitted from emergency sirens."

Can't let deaf people drive any more I guess.

I agree man, I dunno but unlike most of these old people who are completely unaware of what's going on around them, I frequently look into three pieces of glass in my car. There is one coming out of each of the front doors and one mounted in the top center of the windshield. It is magical glass that allows you to see what is coming behind you, and when I look into it I can see the road behind me. When I notice large vehicles with flashing lights, I assume that they are an emergency vehicle and I move over to let them through.

The threat is real though. Some districts now in this area (Ontario) are setting up neighbourhood brownnoser programs allowing people to report traffic and vehicle violations to police. When you recieve your second or third complaint (depending on what it is) you're getting charged. So if we get a bunch of brown nosing morons going around reporting everything (and trust me, some people really have that little consideration for their fellow mankind) then more people are going to be charged for using stereos properly.

Now, I completely understand what annoys some people. And that's annoying idiots driving around at 2am blaring their crappy stereos and waking everyone up. If they put up a campaign to enforce responsible use of car audio, I wouldn't complain about it. But accusing me of indictable offenses because I play my music loud just gets to me that people can be that ignorant.

This person needs a tree to hug.

I love car audio. I have been into it since High School. (Grad. '89) Last I check, I have never killed anyone, Never done drugs, havent even gotten a ticket since '88. Im married, (almost 11 years) with 2 kids. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/angel.gif.fa7795fff6653f4381ba158c55a48b74.gif

What about racing? I hate Nascar. I think it is stupid. A bunch of cars going in a circle. WOW. But thousands of dollars are spent on that daily. Car racing, legal and illegal is very dangerous. Think of all the people that have died as a result of racing. Now, how many have died in a car audio competition? On the streets or in the lanes.

HHHHMMMMMM!!

Well If there ever was a doubt that any idiot can own a webpage I guess this one proves the case, lol I checked it out last night and now the page is down BIG suprise.

This article is just as bad as saying since east indian people crashed a plain into the world trade center, we should throw all east indian people in jail. Or no even better let's just throw every minority in jail I am sure they would like that. Remember people stereotyping IS racisim.

This lady is soo small minded talking about BOOM cars and crime. I remember reading this one article where gangsters have BOOM cars that could cause instanst death haha ? Ok so your telling me someone in organized crime drives around in a van with ONE seat in it, back full of subs and batteries. Like CMON the only people who hit those high 170 dbs + , are people who are into competitions big times. Where there vehicles more or less turn into a portable battery for their subs nothing more.

I dont even know where to begin with this article I am very interested in car audio, and all sorts of music im a clubber I jus love music. Which must make me a gangster?? I am in college taking computer systems technology for christ sakes, I spend a lot of nights just playing video games and doing homework. haha Ya I guess im a gangsta......

Well the sterotype is against unwanted noise right? Why not bring up people that bring crying babies into resturants? Shouldn't they be horrible people too?

Also, the gangstas and crap she is talking about are generally not car audio entusiasts (which is who she is attacking). Most people at this website are between 16 and 30, so basically we a prolly mostly in our 20s. We are all car audio enthusiasts which requires a lot of technical knowlege. Why dont we make a stereotype about people in their 20s with more technical knowledge/skills than average? That they are smarter than most people? That they tend to me more successful in life? This stereotype is so broad that you can bend it to show almost anything you want.

guess bush thought saddam has a system... on rockfordfosgate. com they have about 500 posts on lower the boom... one guy ended up talkin to his local police because of a 'death threat'... it was just somethin about the possibility of getting assasinated for extreme veiws... all in all, the most close minded site i have ever visited

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Diplexers

10+ year member
Logarithmic Robot
Diplexers
Phoenix, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date