Thinking About A Cheap Ghetto Rig

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm 15 and I'm getting my first vehicle most likely in the next month. So far I've got my eyes on a few $500 pick up trucks on Craigslist, which has been giving me ideas for cheap setups. I'm pretty good with wood and building things, so I was thinking I could build some type of rig to have a pair of big outdoor speakers up against the back of the cab and it'd be good for playing music inside the truck or turn them around and be able to play music for a little get together or something. But I was thinking to maybe have a second car battery in the bed running both speakers? I wasn't sure if that'd be effective or not so I figured I'd ask the smart people of the internet.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

So I'm 15 and I'm getting my first vehicle most likely in the next month. So far I've got my eyes on a few $500 pick up trucks on Craigslist, which has been giving me ideas for cheap setups. I'm pretty good with wood and building things, so I was thinking I could build some type of rig to have a pair of big outdoor speakers up against the back of the cab and it'd be good for playing music inside the truck or turn them around and be able to play music for a little get together or something. But I was thinking to maybe have a second car battery in the bed running both speakers? I wasn't sure if that'd be effective or not so I figured I'd ask the smart people of the internet.
Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Yup. If you are cool with no low bass grab a couple PA 10s or 12s and have at it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.