theoretical question, what to do with 4 cubes

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
A while back I had a set up of two 15" Audio technix strato D2's sealed 2 cubes each at 1000wrms at 2ohms.

I then built two 4th order bandpass boxes for each sub. Specs were 2cubes for the sealed chamber and 1.67cubes for the ported chamber after displacement, tuned to 63hz.

Sad part is, I couldn't put both boxes in the trunk. No way possible. I had tried one box and it was nice on the bottom notes, below 40hz. Even with one sub and half the power, it was noticeably louder than 2 sealed at 1000wrms.

I took everything out for the winter, thinking I was going to get another car, which I may, depending on how my job is going.

But now I wonder.........if one sub with half power could do what 2 subs on double the power couldn't do, what subs/box setup can tear apart my 2 subs sealed at 1000wrms with only 4 cubes of space for a box? I have 1800wrms at 1ohm to play with. 4 cubes is the biggest I can get into my trunk. What can be done?

Probably going to want some 10's ported. SA might be to your liking SPL is pretty good. Not going to get the SQ but if that's not an issue for you that would be a good choice. I'd find the car first then decide what you want to do. The vehicle makes a huge impact on your system.

The vehicle is a 1st gen intrepid. I'm not trying to port into the vehicle for various reasons. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get louder than my 2 15's sealed with 4cubes with another setup utilizing no more than 4 cubes. Is it possible?

The vehicle is a 1st gen intrepid. I'm not trying to port into the vehicle for various reasons. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get louder than my 2 15's sealed with 4cubes with another setup utilizing no more than 4 cubes. Is it possible?
We have one of those in the shop at school. Trunk does not look fantastic for getting loud

I often see that you can have 4 tens for the same box volume of one 15 taking equal amount of power.

How is this possible? What's the catch? Need more power for more output? etc????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.