the death of sundown audio NS v1 15inch subs

FITANES NUKKA ? okay... what does that mean?

also that isn't me in the video you never see me that is one my friends who owns the wall socket to sub cord

you never see me in those videos b/c i am the guy taking the clips!!!

You also have to figure actual reactive impedance... at 2 ohms on our Monster we saw around 2.2kw or so -- with subs having lower inductance we have had as much as 4.5kw. Down at 1 ohm you could see a bit more than that for short periods -- it takes a while for a breaker to trip.

The resistance of the sub means nothing here, the impedance of that system at 60Hz ( wall socket frequency) could be much different. In fact you don't even need to know that to figure out that the limits of most household wall sockets are 2 to 2.5k at best because they are rated for 15-20 amps only. Anything more will trip breakers or you can call the fire department! To hit 14k you need a 60 amp circuit on a 220 volt line - such things are not common in homes. At best you'll see 20-30 amp circuits on 220's giving you a max of about 5-6k and that's your washer/dryer socket.. A true 14k will kill any sub-woofer in a very short amount of time if it survives the acceleration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.