The black alpine type r 1000 rms or stick with the pioneer champ pro

bigfluke 773

Senior VIP Member
out here
I already own 2 of the pioneer champ pro that are 1000 rms a piece. I was offered a trade with someone for 2 of the black type r's that are 1000 rms a piece plus they want 50 bucks.(I'm pretty sure he's strapped on cash that's why he wants this trade) Forget about the 50 bucks for a second, will this be a good trade? I hear alpine's kill pioneer's but I never owned a pair. I'm not looking to buy new, but will these be an upgrade over my pioneer's? Which will sound better and bang more bass? Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Depends on the enclosure the subs are in, and wether or not you have good solid CLEAN power... I've owned BOTH of those subs, and for the money - The Pioneers are a really good bang for the buck if you give them what they need / set them up correctly... However, the new Alpine Type R's will get louder & play flatter through a wider frequency range than the Champ Pro's if you have em in the right enclosure with clean power, I just always go with the pioneers because they are about $60 cheaper per sub, and $120 makes a big difference when talking just a couple hundred into a set of twelves... If all you like or care about the most is really low & deep bass, stick with the Pioneers - That's where those perform the best

Depends on the enclosure the subs are in, and wether or not you have good solid CLEAN power... I've owned BOTH of those subs, and for the money - The Pioneers are a really good bang for the buck if you give them what they need / set them up correctly... However, the new Alpine Type R's will get louder & play flatter through a wider frequency range than the Champ Pro's if you have em in the right enclosure with clean power, I just always go with the pioneers because they are about $60 cheaper per sub, and $120 makes a big difference when talking just a couple hundred into a set of twelves... If all you like or care about the most is really low & deep bass, stick with the Pioneers - That's where those perform the best
Agree with this, depends if your goal changed in sound. Those pioneers are my favorite budget sub. They don't sound the greatest but they pound. SQLish sorta?=Alpine

SPL=Champ Pro.

trust me, on that lol, took forever to sell the pioneer(at a huge loss too) and it only took two days to sell the new gen type R close to retail value.
This reply here is the reason I decided to go with the type R's. I know more people looking to purchase the type R's. Plus, my pioneer's are older than his Type R's so I think price wise the 50 is a real good deal.

This reply here is the reason I decided to go with the type R's. I know more people looking to purchase the type R's. Plus, my pioneer's are older than his Type R's so I think price wise the 50 is a real good deal.
Worst case scenario you ask to hook em up and hear them before you seal the deal on the trade.. But since you already pulled the trigger what do you think? What box are you working with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.