The Big Nasty (adjustable volume enlcosure)

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
This enclosure is made like no other the walls,ports,top,bottom, window bracing and 45's are 1.5" thick. The outer and inner walls are staggered so the seams overlap for a air tight fit. The box is configured so it has straight ports no bends for max efficiency. The sliding 4" thick wall can be adjusted to change the volume from 6 cubes to 8 cubes. The special grill is designed to give multiple hand holds so adjusting the wall wont bind. Once the sweet spot is found the wall can be locked down and sealed. The floor of the box will have graduation marks for referencing the different volumes and the frequency change. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1j7DdPfMk&feature=youtu.be

that box looks so heavy lol - in a good way - as box flex is terrible thing to have but man ya might need some heavy duty tires and springs to haul that woo ! haha

btw - i see kreg jig screw - how do you like kreg - does it ever split the wood on you ? member haleelmuscle recently complained of this and it got me wondering if it happens to anyone else

Maybe his depth settings are incorrect Ive been using pocket holes for years with great results instead of going into the end grain or profile of mdf where its weak it enters in the face where its strongest. Glue alone gets the job done but pocket holes pull everything down tight immediately until the glue sets allows you to keep working.

that box looks so heavy lol - in a good way - as box flex is terrible thing to have but man ya might need some heavy duty tires and springs to haul that woo ! hahabtw - i see kreg jig screw - how do you like kreg - does it ever split the wood on you ? member haleelmuscle recently complained of this and it got me wondering if it happens to anyone else
You see people cutting out cross members, doing trunk mods removing their back seat and spare tire, rattling their car to pieces for car audio. A box that weighs an extra 100lbs is a small price to pay.

that box looks so heavy lol - in a good way - as box flex is terrible thing to have but man ya might need some heavy duty tires and springs to haul that woo ! hahabtw - i see kreg jig screw - how do you like kreg - does it ever split the wood on you ? member haleelmuscle recently complained of this and it got me wondering if it happens to anyone else
it will if you hammer on it more than what is needed to pull it tight...think I see one in pic # 5 on the brace..will stand corrected if it is not...

Drop in tests prove otherwise. Plus almost every competitor that tested them went away from the ermagerd almost instantly
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic. Those subs looked like crap anyways. There is a reason companies like that try to use a catchy name and marketing gimmick yet provide no real details about the product or the testing that went into it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from