The 18W6's are IN!

Are those subs subs suppose to be new because there not the original w6s had A big jl sticker on the bottom of the motor I ran three 12s back in the day good price but those subs are refurbs or something not to mention the boxes on the originals had a big jl emblem. Sounds like the old cerwin vega trick
These are made by the people who made these for JL back in the day. The only thing it's missing is the magnet boot and sticker. There is an "18W6" stamped on the back plate of the motor. The motors on these 18's are bigger than the ones they used on the 10-15" models, if I remember correctly.

From what I understand, these are not "old stock" woofers that have been sitting in their factory boxes for all these years...they would have been cleared out by now if that were the case. Credence probably had a bunch of 18W6 motors and baskets for whatever reason, and used new soft parts to complete the build.

These are made by the people who made these for JL back in the day. The only thing it's missing is the magnet boot and sticker. There is an "18W6" stamped on the back plate of the motor. The motors on these 18's are bigger than the ones they used on the 10-15" models, if I remember correctly.
From what I understand, these are not "old stock" woofers that have been sitting in their factory boxes for all these years...they would have been cleared out by now if that were the case. Credence probably had a bunch of 18W6 motors and baskets for whatever reason, and used new soft parts to complete the build.
Correct, 10,12 and 15's used a 6.5" wide and the 18 uses a 8.25".

If anyone wants to sell one let me know.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'm holding on to mine for a long time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

I'm holding on to mine for a long time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif
:furious:Hopefully they get another shipment in, i emailed them. I guess I'll have to see what happens. I can't believe I missed this. I want to get one for my dads Yukon XL.

:furious:Hopefully they get another shipment in, i emailed them. I guess I'll have to see what happens. I can't believe I missed this. I want to get one for my dads Yukon XL.
I believe they are building them themselves, since they did OEM them for JL originally. They probably got way too many orders that first weekend and had to stop the sale in order to build more.

I believe they are building them themselves, since they did OEM them for JL originally. They probably got way too many orders that first weekend and had to stop the sale in order to build more.
They are building, and selling, subwoofers with the JL Audio logo on them? Knowing JL, Im really surprised.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RAM_Designs

5,000+ posts
SketchUp Master
RAM_Designs
Rockwall, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date