Thanks for the new virus Goob!

....... microsoft update---->malicious software removal tool-------->download---->run------>done...... or, if not excecutable---->run on startup. i've recovered a few bad infections by plopping it in my special computer as a slave, then running the tool before even opening the drive, and going from there with other software, and os repair. btw, could be malware from norton, or other "tools"..... has happened before

macs are for fegs. run in safe mode do a simple system restore of a few weeks if not less and then run your antivirus and itll get rid of it.
Did safe mode, did restore. The virus wasn't stopped by rkill and will turn off spywaredoctor or malwarebytes after a couple seconds from a fresh install or not allow permissions to open them.

Macs are for fegs to impress eachother with in coffee shops. People who work for a living and need productivity tools use windoze or linux (one of my more important work related apps is windoze only so I'm stuck).

Yeah, the ony sites I had open yesterday were this and eBay. I was trying to post here and I got the phony virus detected pop-up/lock out after a long lag. Search the forum this isn't the first time this site has distributed viruses.

Whatever, back up your system before visiting this place.

Sorry, my post was removed because it contained direct download hyperlinks.

Run this, I don't run an antivirus and I'm clean. (I have a $2,500 surplus Cisco firewall.)

The home of Spybot-S&D!

Here you can track start-up programs that are "hidden." Good for tracking down various trojans.

HijackThis - Trend Micro USA

If you REALLY fucБed up. (i.e. Rootkit.) Run GMER, it will take a long time, but if you have a rootkit you're SOL. (At this point you might just want to backup critical information and nuke the drive from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.)

GMER - Rootkit Detector and Remover

No.

nuke the drive from orbit
Done. I don't waste more than an hour or two trying to remove these, often those programs tend to leave residual issues and generally I like to wipe things every 5 or 6 months anyway.

Malware Bytes...
I said twice that didn't work against this one. It's "Opencloud security" or some ****. I was reading some forums where a guy had the same issue and there was not a fix developed yet for this strain. I'm sure one will exist shortly, but I need to work (or procrastinate work) with this computer so I can't afford downtime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.