Testing amps...

well if you dont want to run your power and ground cables within the car you could always hook it up to a spare 12v source (another unused car battery) make sure you ground correctly and then use your remote lead and preamps to get out a signal. that is assuming you have subs to test out on, if not youll also need a voltmeter to see if theres current at the terminals. not much of a help though since the deck still must be taken out and hooked in.

maybe this helps and remember to get a good ground!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I tested a stock door speaker and dash speaker. Both read zero (again, after bouncing all over the place). I'll buy a brand new battery tomorrow...
How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.

About this thread

BlackGTP

BlackGTP
Plymouth, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Strecker25