Tell me what you think

Participant count
  • Participant list

snfsh79077
10+ year member

Ladie's like my pole
I'm working on a design for a guy on another forum for a single sdc2.5 12 off 500rms. Its for a single cab f150. I'm going to have the sub firing forward with the port firing towards the passenger wall. I want to use an aeroport but have never designed a box with one before. I understand that you can get away with less port area when using aero ports, am I correct?

Anyway here is the design so far. Tell me what you think and what I should change.

Box:

13.5 (H) x 42 (W) x 9 (TD) x 10 (BD)

Port:

3" x 5.5" long (used precision sounds calculator)

That should give me roughly 2 cubes after sub and port displacement tuned to 38hz

3" 5.5" long? doesn't seem right.
more like 4" 22" long.
well according to precision sound's calculator for 2 cubes @ 38hz with a 3" port it should be 5.4" long with flared ends and 4.4" long w/o flared ends. Unless Im missing something.

I've never used aero ports but I feel like Im over analyzing something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.